Monday, July 26, 2010

BEST FATHER'S DAY PRESENT EVER!





Not to brag, but I out did myself this year. I had a stroke of brilliance when it came to Shane's fathers day present. He can be very hard to buy for and some of the things he likes (like his English soccer stuff) I always have to think about in advance so I can order it. We were out in Tooele in the early spring playing some soccer games and I heard the buzzing from Larry Miller's race track when the thought occured to me to check out what they offered out there. He has always wanted to do an off road course through Land Rover but that is really expensive, but I thought I had heard something about a Mustang class out at MMR. I couldn't even tell the kids for fear they would let it slip out. Shane's first car was an old '68 Mustang- pea green, no air, and he loved that thing. He and his dad would love to fix up and old one- or each buy brand new ones. So we signed him up for a "Mustang Experience" where you go, take a little class and learn about the Mustang and how to handle it, then you get to drive one out on the raceway. Then at the end, one of the real race car drivers take you out for a couple of laps and go really fast. They also have this great museum with all of Larry Miller's old mustangs in it. He said it was the best gift yet! It may have to become an annual tradition!

1 comment:

  1. Loved the pictures! What a fun idea! Men are so hard to buy for so I think you should brag when you come up with an awesome idea like that! :)

    ReplyDelete