Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas 2010

We have had a wonderful Christmas Holiday. I personally am glad to see this year end. It has been difficult at times-especially the whole job opportunities drama that consumed the last 6 months. I have had to remind myself how lucky we are to have options in our life. I am grateful for Shane and his hard work on behalf of our family. The years he went to school and we struggled (usually not having much a Christmas) are not that far removed from my memory. I remember one particularly dear Christmas that we barely had money to get Davin and Mady anything, using the money Shane's grandparents gave to us to buy theirs. I knew there would be nothing for us that year and yet he surprised me with this little necklace that had two little stars representing the kids birthstones. He included a card that said he "gave his blood, sweat and tears, literally" in order to get this. He then told me that he had gone and donated plasma to get the cash to buy it. It was fun to surprise the kids with a few things they weren't expecting (like the Mustang for the little kids and ski lessons for the older two) but I wonder if all that was removed, if they would still feel the same. We are on a path of simplicity for the New Year. Trying to rid our life of all the extra "things" that bog us down. Whether that is me over committing myself, or too many good "activities" for the kids or even just too much time on all of our electronics, it is time to let a few things go. Time- that is what I crave most. Time with my family. Happy Holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment